Friday 12 February 2016

can i run iOS apps on my Mac?

I have seen a number of houses iPhone apps that recently I like to use. In particular, a number of houses musical applications (metronome, tuner, etc.) that seem highly rated and have no equivalent in Mac. I do not have a recent iPod / iPhone / iPad (do not need portability or a phone, and I seems silly to pay hundreds of dollars to run $ 15 worth of applications), but I have a Intel (C2D) Mac processor. iPhone may dev simulator, or any other emulator, download and run the iPhone apps from the App Store?

As primary use is for developers to test their applications without the actual hardware you will most likely never see the features you want to be added to the simulator.
Without it would not be possible, unless someone came one with iOS emulator that lets you run ARM based binaries on your Intel-based Mac / PC. Basically the same as what they've done with reverse engineering and the resulting Super Nintendo emulators that have been written to emulate Super Nintendo roms. No doubt someone will do one day many years from now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment