Friday 12 February 2016

Double speed playback for iTunes?

Double-speed playback for iTunes?

The iPod app on the iPhone (and presumably the iPod Touch) supports playback of 2 times the etch rate. This is great for listening to talk-radio podcasts when I'm driving, as I can get twice the information in the same amount of time. ¿ITunes does support this type of reproduction? I can not seem to find the option. I prefer to play in iTunes rather than on my iPhone when I'm at my desk.
Here's what Apple suggests (see "speed"):
  1. Open the selected song file with Quicktime.
  2. Choose "Show audio controls."
  3. Move the "Playback Speed" slider at the bottom of the window to the desired speed.
Quicktime Player in Snow Leopard, Option-click the fast forward button to increase the speed by 10%.

Play podcasts 1.5 x speed

I subscribe to very many podcasts now, and I have found that most podcasters can actually be fairly understand, even if the speed up his speech by 50%. So, when my iTunes shows that I have 45 minutes left in a podcast, and I prefer to know that in 30 minutes, I pull down my menu script to display and run the following AppleScript (saved in my Library User -> Scripts -> Applications -> iTunes folder and play this song to 1.5 x):
tell application "iTunes"
  pause
  September my_track to location of  current track
   in September my_seconds to player position 
end tell

tell application "QuickTime 
  * Ts
   September rate of my_movie to 1.5 end tell
       

0 comments:

Post a Comment